Updated Feb 2017
- If you live in London and frequent the Curzon (or even if you don’t!), please write to the owner and tell them you are disappointed with the fact that they allowed censorship to dictate their actions and cancelled the film: curzoncinemas.com/contact. You can also leave them a remark or a review on their Facebook page.
- Please leave comments supporting the film on the Buzzfeed article that broke the story HERE.
- If you live in the UK, join the “Bring Vaxxed to the UK” Facebook group
- Please like the Facebook pages of the activist groups who are helping to arrange these screenings and fighting the good fight overseas to bring Vaxxed to the UK:
TACTIC 1 – Subpoenaing Dr. William Thompson
The most direct way to hold the CDC accountable is for the House Oversight Committee (HOC) to subpoena all five of the co-authors of the 2004 MMR/Autism study including William Thompson.
In May 2016, we implemented a letter-writing campaign to that extant with the help of Autism Action Network with letters directed to an individuals’ Representative with copies going to both, Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R. UT), who is Chairman of the HOC and Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) Ranking Member Elijah Cummings.
RESULTS: An estimated 3000 letters have been sent so far! (Thanks to all of you!)
On June 16, Del Bigtree was in Washington D.C. with Mark Blaxill and Tami Canalm founder of March Against Monsanto for a meeting with Rep. Chaffetz. (Here’s a pre-meeting video.)
The meeting lasted an hour and a half and the main takeaway is that your efforts to reach out to Chaffetz have been heard. We know that there were at least 2700 letters sent through the Autism Action Network process, and that Rep. Chaffetz has seen them as well as getting so many of your phone calls.
According to Del, Rep. Chaffetz did say specifically, “You have our attention.”
In the meanwhile, let’s let Rep. Chaffetz know …
#weppreciate that you #hearus @jasoninthehouse. You have our attention. #vaxxed #movement
It is still possible and has value to send a letter to your Member of Congress here:
Thanks to Autism Action Network for their support in rolling out these initial campaigns. Please consider making a donation.
TACTIC 2 – Retracting the CDC Study
In the meanwhile, Polly Tommey (co-founder of Autism Media Channel) with the support of 8 autism organizations have submitted a formal request to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) for a retraction of the 2004 article “Age at first measles-mumps-rubella vaccination in children with autism and school-matched control subjects: a population-based study in metropolitan Atlanta” (DeStefano F, Bhasin TK, Thompson WW, Yeargin-Allsopp M, Boyle C. Pediatrics. 2004 Feb;113(2):259-66).
- Polly Tommey – Autism Media Channel
Dan Olmstead, Age of Autism
John Gilmore, Autism Action Network
Teri Arranga, Autism One
Candace MacDonald, Generation Rescue Ginger Taylor, Health Choice
Wendy Silvers, Million Mamas Movement
Lisa Wiederlight, SafeMinds
Nancy Cale, Unlocking Autism
How You Can Help
The Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC) wants your input to help identify priority topics for inclusion in the 2016 IACC Strategic Plan for ASD.
The new plan will cover research, services and policy issues related to the 7 Questions covered in the IACC Strategic Plan.
Click here to submit your comments. The comment period will be open from June 15, 2016 – July 29, 2016.
Let’s ask the IACC to retract the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) 2004 Pediatrics article “Age at first measles-mumps-rubella vaccination in children with autism and school-matched control subjects: a population-based study in metropolitan Atlanta” (See Abstract)
Starting back in June 2016, we rolled out an “event screening” program that will allow private citizens to show Vaxxed at public events/venues allowing us all to mobilize cities where the film has not yet screened. You’ll be able to invite local politicians to those events.
Additional Ways to Get Involved
- Sign-up for our newsletter for updates and to let us know how you can help.
- Join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, or your preferred social media network.
- Join or create a Facebook group to request Vaxxed in your city (please search Facebook or this list for groups before creating a new one).
- Invite a family member, friend, or local official to see the film.
- Promote the film using our graphics or promotional materials. Download here.
- Become a ticket angel and purchase a ticket for someone in need, visit projectangeltickets.com