Updated August 2017
|Support Rep. Bill Posey’s House Bill H.R. 3615., Calling for the First Ever Federal Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated Study|
A study comparing the overall health of a vaccinated population and an unvaccinated population has never been done in the United States. US Representative Bill Posey just introduced H.R. 3615, a bill which directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services “to conduct or support a comprehensive study comparing total health outcomes, including risk of autism, in vaccinated populations in the United States with such outcomes in unvaccinated populations in the United States, and for other purposes.”
The number of vaccines given to American children has quintupled since 1986 when doctors and vaccine companies were given complete legal immunity from any injury caused by a vaccine. Since then we have seen an explosion in the prevalence of a wide range of pediatric disorders associated with immune system dysfunction including diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, allergies, asthma, ADHD, as well as autism. Yet the US has never taken a hard look at the health outcomes with a vaccinated and unvaccinated population.
A study as important as this one is long overdue and now, more than ever, it important to take action now to let your elected officials know that you want this bill to pass. Vaxxed filmmakers Polly Tommey and Andrew Wakefield have been working on this issue tirelessly, so let’s show them our support by helping to get this bill passed!
Here is how you can take action to let your elected official know that you would like to see H.R. 3615 pass:
1) The most effective way to get the attention of your Congressperson is to call them at their district offices, and politely ask your member of the House of Representatives to co-sponsor Rep. Posey’s Bill, and ask your two Senators to introduce similar legislation in the Senate. Call, call and keep calling! Have your friends call too! When elected officials receive a large number of calls about one topic, they listen. The contact numbers at their primary district offices can be found here:
2) The second-best way to make sure your message is heard by your elected officials is to show up at their town hall meetings and speak to them face to face about H.R. 3615. Get a huge group of people together, and attend the town hall meeting to speak your mind. That they can’t ignore! Pack that place and ask questions. Bring plenty of supporting documentation to educate them as to why this bill needs to pass.
3) Third, if you run a health freedom advocacy group, invite your local staffers to show up to your events. Let them talk to others in the movement who are there and set up meetings. Invite staffers on “field trips” and show them what it’s like to be in your community, what your values are and why they should work with you to protect those values by passing H.R. 3615. Show them the work you are doing and why this bill needs to be passed. It works!
4) Fourth, send a handwritten letter to the district office of your elected official (not their Washington DC office), asking him or her to co-sponsor Rep. Posey’s H.R. 3615 bill. The data shows that handwritten letters are always the most effective over sending your letter via email.
Find their addresses here:
5) A handwritten letter is always best, but if you are short on time, our friends at The Autism Action Network has set up an easy online tool that you can use to send a quick email to your member of the House of Representatives asking him or her to co-sponsor Rep. Posey’s H.R. 3615. A message will also be sent to your two US Senators from your state asking them to introduce a similar bill in the US Senate. Go here to access the form:
Our friends at The Autism Action Network need your support to continue fighting for you and your family. Please click here to donate to the Autism Action Network. Please share this message with friends and family, and please post it to social networks!
OTHER WAYS TO TAKE ACTION
TACTIC 1 – Subpoenaing Dr. William Thompson
The most direct way to hold the CDC accountable is for the House Oversight Committee (HOC) to subpoena all five of the co-authors of the 2004 MMR/Autism study including William Thompson.
In May 2016, we implemented a letter-writing campaign to that extant with the help of Autism Action Network with letters directed to an individuals’ Representative with copies going to both, Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R. UT), who was Chairman of the HOC and Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) Ranking Member Elijah Cummings.
RESULTS: An estimated 3000 letters have been sent so far! (Thanks to all of you!)
On June 16, Del Bigtree was in Washington D.C. with Mark Blaxill and Tami Canalm founder of March Against Monsanto for a meeting with Rep. Chaffetz. (Here’s a pre-meeting video.)
The meeting lasted an hour and a half and the main takeaway is that your efforts to reach out to Chaffetz have been heard. We know that there were at least 2700 letters sent through the Autism Action Network process, and that Rep. Chaffetz has seen them as well as getting so many of your phone calls.
According to Del, Rep. Chaffetz did say specifically, “You have our attention.”
In the meanwhile, let’s let the new the Chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina know…
#weppreciate that you #hearus @treyinthehouse. You have our attention. #vaxxed #movement
It is still possible and has value to send a letter to your Member of Congress here:
Thanks to Autism Action Network for their support in rolling out these initial campaigns. Please consider making a donation.
TACTIC 2 – Retracting the CDC Study
In the meanwhile, Polly Tommey (co-founder of Autism Media Channel) with the support of 8 autism organizations has submitted a formal request to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) for a retraction of the 2004 article “Age at first measles-mumps-rubella vaccination in children with autism and school-matched control subjects: a population-based study in metropolitan Atlanta” (DeStefano F, Bhasin TK, Thompson WW, Yeargin-Allsopp M, Boyle C. Pediatrics. 2004 Feb;113(2):259-66).
- Polly Tommey – Autism Media Channel
Dan Olmstead, Age of Autism
John Gilmore, Autism Action Network
Teri Arranga, Autism One
Candace MacDonald, Generation Rescue Ginger Taylor, Health Choice
Wendy Silvers, Million Mamas Movement
Lisa Wiederlight, SafeMinds
Nancy Cale, Unlocking Autism
Starting back in June 2016, we rolled out an “event screening” program that will allow private citizens to show Vaxxed at public events/venues allowing us all to mobilize cities where the film has not yet screened. You’ll be able to invite local politicians to those events.
Additional Ways to Get Involved
- Sign-up for our newsletter for updates and to let us know how you can help.
- Join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, or your preferred social media network.
- Join or create a Facebook group to request Vaxxed in your city (please search Facebook or this list for groups before creating a new one).
- Invite a family member, friend, or local official to see the film.
- Promote the film using our graphics or promotional materials. Download here.